Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy perusing.
- “12 Reasons Churches Don’t Practice Church Discipline,” by Chuck Lawless — Lawless shares the results of an informal study he’s done on discipline in the local church. His insights are instructive.
- “‘It is Going to Be an Issue’ — Supreme Court Argument on Same-Sex Marriage Puts Religious Liberty in the Crosshairs,” by Albert Mohler — In light of this week’s arguments before the Supreme Court, Mohler reflects on the implications for religious liberty.
- “9 Things You Should Know about Same-Sex Marriage,” by Joe Carter — A helpful guide for Christians as we await the decision from the Supreme Court later this year.
- Help My Unbelief: Why Doubt is Not the Enemy of Faith, by Barnabas Piper — You’ll want to check out this new book by Barnabas Piper, coming this summer. He gives strong case for belief in the midst of the doubts and questions we all experience in our faith journeys.
- The High Definition Leader: Building Multiethnic Churches in a Multiethnic World, by Derwin L. Gray — Here’s my endorsement for a helpful and challenging book from Derwin Gray:
Building and being a part of a church on earth that looks and worships like the Church in heaven is a consuming passion of mine. It is also a consuming passion of my friend Derwin Gray. This book fleshes out that passion in a way that will bless, convict, instruct and motivate. I don’t think you can remain the same after reading it! So jump in and be prepared to be transformed for the glory of God and the good of others.