Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy checking out.
- “Election Year Thoughts at Christmastime,” (Russell Moore) — Russ Moore asks, “What does a family Christmas look like after a divisive election?” and provides several wise words of advice.
- “Keith & Kristyn Getty: This Christmastime, let’s sing carols together,” (Fox News) — “The carols embody what great hymns should be. Richly and beautifully theological, they are also extraordinary poetry. … But most of all, they are timeless—we could have sung them one hundred years ago, and we will still be singing them in another hundred years.”
- “Skip it? Hey American Atheists, here are five reasons to come to church this Christmas,” (Bruce Ashford, Fox News) — Ashford gives a helpful appeal to skeptics and several necessary clarifications about the Christian faith.
- “A Note to an Unbeliever, On Going to Church This Christmas,” (Russell Moore) — Similarly, Russ Moore gives some suggestions for what unbelievers should pay attention to if they visit a church this Christmastime.
- “Kirsten Powers: Becoming a Christian Ruined My Love of Christmas,” (CT) — Powers shares her journey into the Christian faith and an appreciation of the meaning of Christ’s birth.
- “Reflections of a Southeastern Grad | December 2016,” (Kayelyn Rochester) — Finally, reflections like this are always encouraging as an educator and seminary president!