Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy checking out.
- “It’s the Moms Who Get Kids to Church,” (Emma Green, The Atlantic) — “A new report from the Pew Research Center suggests mothers have more influence on their children’s religious upbringings than fathers, especially in interfaith households.”
- “What the Right’s Intellectuals Did Wrong,” (Ross Douthat, NYT) — Douthat analyses three errors committed by the conservative intellectuals in recent years that led to and allowed the rise of the Trump phenomenon.
- “Packer at Ninety,” (Timothy George, First Things) — Read this and thank God for the ways he has used J. I. Packer for the building up of his people. He is a terrific model and a spiritual hero!
- “Is It Time to Desegregate the Sexes?” (Judith Shulevitz , NYT) — This article captures the complexity and the insanity that is ensuing and will continue to ensue as the moral revolution concerning sex moves forward.
- “7 Requests from a Right-Wing Gen-Xer: Why Boomers are Having Trouble Convincing X-ers to Vote for Trump,” (Rebecca Reynolds) — The title says it all. This is a very articulate and helpful analysis of some of the generational differences that are being revealed in this election season.
- “China drops one-child policy, but ‘exhausted’ tiger moms say one is plenty,” (Simon Denyer and Congcong Zhang, WP) — The effects of the disastrous one-child policy in China will not easily be reversed, for many reasons. This is an interesting one!